Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lettuce Wraps

I have the BEST Lettuce Wrap recipe ever! It tastes exactly like the ones from PF Changs. My friend Stephanie, one of the wives that went to Seattle too, made them the last night we were there. I made them for my family and they loved them! So I had to share. They are super easy. Some of these veggies sound weird or gross, but together with the sauce they are amazing!

1 bottle peanut sauce (its in the Asian section of grocery store)
2 T soy sauce
2 T apple juice
Pour half of the bottle of peanut sauce into a bowl with the soy sauce and apple juice and mix together.

Take half of the above mixture and marinate about 1 lb of chicken. After it is marinated, cut up the chicken into small pieces and cook.

Cut up desired veggies (really anything you want, I used the following)
green pepper
green onion (really small)
bean sprouts
carrots
sugar snap peas

Mix the veggies with the remaining half of the sauce mix. Add chicken. You can add the rest of the peanut sauce if desired. (I did that and it was a little too much.)

Wrap in iceburg lettuce and enjoy!

They are seriously amazing and so easy to cook. Not to mention super healthy! If anyone makes them and has questions let me know!

1 comment:

Michael & Nikki said...

I'm definatly going to try these!! I'll let ya know how they turn out..