Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving Thanks

I feel like I have SO much to be Thankful for this year. First and foremost I'm so grateful for my two beautiful HEALTHY kids. I've been hearing/reading about devastating things that happen all the time to families and it's really made me think about how thankful I am that my girls are healthy. My babies mean everything to me and I couldn't imagine myself without them. They make me such a better person.
I'm so grateful for a husband who works so hard for us. I know he isn't doing what he really wants to do for the rest of his life yet, and it means a lot that he's willing to put that on the back burner until the time is right. Brian is the kindest person you could ever meet. Hands down. He would give a bum the shirt off his back... or his car actually. No really... he invited a homeless man to his apartment and loaned him his car for a week when we were first dating. (K so that was a little over the top, haha and we laugh about it now. But how sweet is that?) It amazes me how kind his heart is. Not only that, I'm grateful for his ability to make me laugh. He's so funny and witty and has the greatest sense of humor. And I'm thankful he puts up with my OCD and nagging issues. And I think the number 1 thing I'm grateful for about Brian is that he is the most amazing Dad ever. He's so hands on and always wants to spend time with the girls and show them a good time. I've truly never seen a Father that actually enjoys and looks forward to spending time with his kids more than Brian.
I'm also so Thankful for such an amazing family. My parents are the greatest, they've helped us so much and supported our decisions ever since me and Brian got married. I feel so lucky to have parents that love and cherish my kids so much. I know all grandparents just love their grandkids to death, but it's really heartwarming to see the interactions they have with my girls. I'm also grateful for my sibs. Kaitlin and Dave, you are the best! They make life easier and funnier when things seem a little gloomy.
I'm so Thankful for my in-laws. I really couldn't ask for better. They're always offering advice and willing to help us out whenever we need it. Everyone always complains about their in-laws, so I think I lucked out! I wish we got to see them more!
I'm grateful for good friends who make me laugh! I'm so grateful for my health and the material things like a home, food, clothes, cars, .... I'm Thankful for a thousand other things at this time, I'm actually overwhelmed with Thanks as I think about it. But I guess I'll leave with that.

No comments: