Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Camping"

Last Friday Brian came home all stoked about something fun he was going to take us to do last weekend... He didn't want to tell me incase I shot it down but I got it out of him... he wanted to take our girls and go camping. In a tent. With a 1 year old and a 3 month old. Umm apparently he didn't realize how tough it would be. I compromised and we went up to the mountains for a few hours, cooked dinner on the fire and chilled. (people up here call THAT camping. Being in the mountains for a few hours. Real camping is spending the night, at least thats my opinion.) So we went "camping" for a few hours.
Tey Tey all dressed for the mountains, ready to go.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Avery got bored after about an hour and a half and we still had to wait for the chicken to cook. I think Brian realized he was insane to think they were even close to being able to spend the night in the mountains... Didn't wanna have to say I told him so.
Brian made amazing chicken and pepper skewers. Buuuut we didn't think things through on how to cook em. So he found some huge rocks and rotisseri cooked them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
...that method took awhile so I had to entertain Aves for awhile.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Anyways it was actually pretty fun. Even though we won't be spending the night anytime soon up there, at least we know we can make it a few hours!

No comments: