Monday, May 11, 2009

Why I wore Pink Lipstick...

Anybody seen the movie called "Why I wore Red Lipstick to my Mastectomy"? I think I saw it on Lifetime... Anyways it was really good and insipiring. It's about a woman who gets breast cancer and wears red lipstick to feel brave throughout all the trials in her life including her mastectomy. If you haven't seen it, you need to. Anyways, I thought of that movie because Saturday me, my sister, Carlye, and Natalie along with 18,000 other people ran (well I guess some walked) the 5k for the Race For The Cure. It was a great experience and felt really good to do. We sported bright pink lipstick to support and ran our bums off the entire way. Brian, Avery, and my Papa came to watch at the finish line. Here are a few pictures: (Carlye email me the others when you find your cord!)
Sisters:
Photobucket
Kaitlin, Me, and Carlye:
Photobucket
Kait, Me, Car, Natalie right before it started:
Photobucket
Natalie, Me, Avery, and Car after the race:
Photobucket
Avery, Me, and Bri (Teya was home sleepin in!): Don't mind my face and ears all red, awesome.
Photobucket
Avery even sported pink to support with her Pink Puma's!
Photobucket
Shopping afterward, she was stylin in her fadora:
Photobucket
And Teya stayed at home relaxing in her pink robe:
Photobucket

3 comments:

Adrie said...

Way to go!!! I need to get out there and do something like that. The girls are SOOO cute. I love the pink shoes and that robe! Too cute!

Laurel said...

Good for you Rach! That is awesome.

Michael & Nikki said...

How fun! I want to run a race sometime... I need some motivation and a partner! haha. Way to go thats awesome!