Friday, March 20, 2009
Baby Teya
Finally getting around to writing about when Teya was born. If you read this blog you know how my Dr. was heading out of town and I was desperate for any tips to put me into labor. I did quite a few things, and I don't think anything in particular did it, but I think the cobination of all of them did the trick! (So when you are about to pop and want to know some tricks, let me know.) Anyways so it was Friday the 6th and we had ordered Pizza Hut. (If any guys read this, which I highly doubt, you might not want to read the whole thing just FYI.) I was sitting there eating talking to Brian, my Mom and Dad when I felt a little dribble in my pantalonians. (see, details.) There wasn't much so I thought I was just wishing my water had broken. So I head back out and I was sitting in the living room and my Mom said to try to push a little to see if it was my water and maybe more would come out. So I did, and I stood up and my pants were totally soaked in the back like I had peed my pants! Then I started thinking that I HAD peed them and it wasn't related to labor at all! My family said they were sure it was my water because seriously how often do I pee myself a WHOLE BUNCH? So me and Bri packed our stuff and I made a quick list for my Family to remember about taking care of my Avery. The whole drive to the hospital I was psyching myself out thinking I had just urinated myself and the hospital was going to send me home. Pretty sure Brian thought I was a maniac the whole hour drive to the hospital. We got to the hospital just before 10 and about 20 minutes later I was all laid up in the bed ready to have my baby! Obviously my water HAD broken and I was dialated to a 5. My nurse was awesome! She was so funny and nice, infact all of them at the Davis Hospital were amazing. For the next few hours I blog stalked and played on the internet while Brian took a nap. At about 12:30 I decided I was ready for the epidural. Last time I seriously didn't even feel the epidural AT ALL. It was nothing! This time was definately worse, but still not near as scary as the horror stories I had heard. A little time passed and the epidural started making me SUPER nauseaus. I HATE feeling nauseas! For the next like 2 hours I went from being extremely irritated at my right leg for being numb and feeling weird and uncomfortable to being about to vomit. It wasn't fun. My Mom and Sister got there and my Mom asked the nurse to give me some nausea medicine in my IV. Pretty sure it made me crazy. I couldn't talk at all, I was stuttering and getting so frustrated at myself for not being able to talk and then I would stutter more. It was freaking me out. So about 3:10 AM the nurse checked me and I was at an 8... 6 minutes later she checked me again and I was a 10. She paged my Dr and said it would take about 10 minutes for him to get to the hospital. She made me lay on my side with me legs closed because she was afraid if I were in "position" she would have to deliver the baby because she was waaay ready to come out. Finally the Dr. got there... 3 pushes and 60 seconds later my Teya Berlin was born at 3:30 AM. 5 lb 10 oz 18.5 inches long. She was healthy and beautiful! It happened so fast I didn't know what to think of it all, except how Grateful I was for a healthy baby. She is such a sweetheart and we feel so blessed to have two healthy girls! That about sums it up, life with two kids just a year apart has so far been a little crazy but amazing at the same time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh the fun joys of labor. If my water breaks I'm going to be having a baby on the way to the hospital. Congratulations, she is beautiful. So much pretty dark hair.
Post a Comment