Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Baby is 2!!

Monday was Avery's 2nd Birthday! Crazy, just crazy how fast time flies. Here's about a million pictures (these are for her to look back on as she gets older, if you're not interested I'm not offended at all if you skip through these!) of her day. Thanks everybody for sending or bringing over gifts, she loved everything she got!
First thing in the morning she opened her Naartjie Birthday dress, she wasn't too excited about opening clothes... just wait till she's a teenager.

Some of her Birthday Presents and her Giraffe cake:

The Birthday banner I made with ma cricut! (Sorry the picture was kinda dark...) It turned out cute, I wish I could say the same for the pom pom ball decoration... that did not turn out as planned.

Watching some cartoons with Carson before dinner.

She got 2 different dinners because she's the Birthday girl and couldn't decide which she wanted...

Opening some presents. She got so many, so Thanks Christensen family and Marcie and Dave for the gifts. She was so spoiled.





haha Carson got his hand stuck in this toy... no worries he got it out. Man I'm scared to have a son one day, they're way more into stuff than girls!

Teya was enjoying the festivities too!

The Giraffe cake I made that was just for Avery to dig into all by herself:
(This picture won't turn for some reason and I'm getting very perturbed...)

Cake Time!!




She LOVED this princess outfit from Nana and Grandpa Christensen, look at that expression. Pure happiness!:

Right after this picture, Carson dropped her and they both fell over, no serious injuries though!:

She had so much fun playing with her little tea set and her Barbie tent. She would poor some tea for Teya and if Teya wouldn't play along she'd say "GIB IT!" and rip it away... not my proudest moment of the day... But for the most party she shared and played with Teya really good.




Here's some random facts about Aves:
*She calls her pajamas her "Monkeys" because her favorite pair (as seen in the first pic) has monkeys on them. Anytime she sees anybody put on sweats or pajamas she tells us we're putting on our monkeys, so cute.
*She just loves anything having to do with Dora, Elmo, Princesses, Barbies, and Tinkerbell. (Girly? I think so.)
*She's obsessed with Orange juice (which she calls Apple Juice) and fruit snacks.
*Every night when Brian gets home she makes him go in the room and they play music and dance, then she'll force him to go work out. (She's obsessed with going in the work out room and jumping on the mini trampoline, jamming out to music while Brian works out.) It's so cute. She'll grab his face softly and tell him she wants to work out.
*She loves showing anybody who's around how pretty she looks after I get her all ready for the day. And she asks me to show her in the mirror. (oh no, I hope we don't have a little diva on our hands.)
*She loves to line up my makeup on the bathroom floor while I'm getting ready. She'll pretend to put it on, then line it up perfectly back on the floor. I think she's a tad OCD like her Mama.
*She calls cartoons Coocooms.

And a letter to my big girl...

Avery Paige,
I can't believe you're two years old now!! It's crazy. It seems like just last week that you were turning 1. You crack me up these days, you're talking so good and saying the funniest random words every day. You surprise me at least once a day with something new you've learned. Lately you've been so sweet and good, especially to your little sister. You love playing with Teya and you always want her with you no matter what you're doing. You're such a good big sister. Last week you gave up your binky, no problem. Next onto potty training, wish me luck. Anyways Avery I love you so much and hope when you look back at the pictures from this day you'll know how much you're loved by everyone! I love you my big girl!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

You're a sweet mama, and have such a cute little doll. Happy Birthday Avery. Time flies!

Lesli said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little Avery!! She is such a doll, I enjoyed looking at your pictures!! You may want to check out my winners post over at my blog, you might like it!! Hope you are having a great week!

chelsea and Jeremy said...

its so crazy our little girls are growing up to fast. Avery is such a doll.

Chelsie and Jon said...

Dont worry your post made me cry, seriosly I teared up! Rach you have such a cute family and your an amazing mom! Love ya

Brooke D said...

aw tell her happy birthday!!! she is SO cute and you did such a great job decorating!!!

Christensen's said...

Thanks everybody!! We had a fun day!!

Ha Chels I love you!

Kevin, Chelsey, and Boston Pugh said...

Oh my heck i can't believe how big your girls are. Time goes by so fast. Your giraffe cake is amazing it looked so good. Me and Tauni need to get together with you so you can teach us all your fun and cute crafts.

Nessa said...

So cute!! Thats an impressive giraffe cake girl! Way to go. What cute lil girls you have :)I cant even get over it!