Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My BABY baby is 1!!

I can't believe my Teya is 1 already! I know you're thinking "wait, weren't you just posting about your other daughter's birthday?" Yes, they are 1 year and 6 days apart. Again there are a ton of pictures because this is like a scrapbook for me and my family, feel free to skip through them!
This year I just used the same theme and changed it for Teya! I realize as they get older they'll have their own interests and I'll have to plan parties around them individually in the future!

Some of Teya's presents:

She was eyeing the presents big time.

Here are some of the more fun presents she opened... I'll skip the clothes.






She got this cute swimsuit but Brian (being an awesome photographer) cute off half of it. It's a cute little halter on the top! I just love it! Thanks Marcie and Dave!

Looking for more presents..

"Enough pictures Mom.":

For Teya's Birthday cake I didn't want to do any fondant on it like Avery's giraffe one, because it's pretty chewy compared to regular icing. I wanted her to be able to just dig in and not worry about it. So unfortunately it's not near as cute!

And unfortunately that wouldn't have mattered, she got scared when the spotlight was on her and wanted nothing to do with her cake... poor baby!


She started thinking about it for a minute...

But no...

I guess she just wanted Red Velvet cake like the rest of us... I can't blame her!



Poor girl got terrified when we lit the candle sang to her. Papa had to hold her hands so she wouldn't grab the flame while we sang... she didn't like any of it.




Some random facts about Tey:
*She emanates light. She truly does. When you walk into a room and Teya is there, she brings a good feeling and happiness with her. I've been told by even strangers that she has brightened up their day.
*She can make you smile no matter how bummed you feel, maybe it's those dimples!
*She LOVES her big sister so much. Whenever Avery gives her attention or is nice to her she just eats it up.
*Ever since she learned to crawl she's developed a sort of attitude. She crawls with swagger and it reflects on her attitude now, she sometimes acts like she's too cool for school. It's pretty cute.
*She has started defending herself when her sister tries to steal her toys.
*She loves giving kisses with her mouth wide open and her tongue out.
*She loves food, but isn't the best at mashing it up yet. She's always coughing on it when she gets a little too much. She loves strawberries and bread the most.
*She LOVES strangers, unlike her sister you can put her in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people and she adapts so good. She'll smile at anybody.
*She is a dancing machine. Anytime music comes on or she even hears one of us singing anything she'll start dancing right away.

A letter to my adorable Teya...

Teya Berlin,
When I first found out that I was pregnant with you, Avery was only 4 months old and I was not ready for another baby yet. Very quickly I got over my fears of having 2 babies under 2, and I couldn't wait to meet you. When I found out that you were a girl I was so happy. I always wanted a sister very close to my age as I was growing up. You'll have someone to sneak in bed with if you're scared, someone to be with you when you're faced with new situations, someone your age to share vacations with, you'll always have someone who knows what you're going through, someone to hang out with, shop with, and you'll always have someone to stick up for you when you need it. I honestly couldn't be happier about the way things turned out with my two girls so close in age. You are hands down the sweetest baby ever. You bring a certain calm into the household. Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed, all I have to do is hold you for a few minutes and everything seems so much better. I can't wait to watch you learn to walk and talk and play this year. I love you so much Tates!!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

She is such a doll! Happy Birthday Teya.

Amy Maynard said...

What a cute post! I love the video, that is hilarious!!

My sister and I are pretty close in age (not as close as your girls, but still close) and I have LOVED it. We did everything together, and are best friends. I think you are really going to be happy you had them so close, especially when their all grown up. They will love it too. :)

Teya is such a cutie! I love her dimples. Happy 1st Birthday Teya!!

Nicole said...

Your girls are too cute! You such a sweet mom! Having 2 girls is the BEST!!

Alli said...

I can't believe she is 1, it goes so so fast! She is a doll, both your girls are! That's so funny how she reacted to her birthday cake because that's exactly what Easton did, it's like he was scared of it.

Yes I do agree we need to have a play date for sure! And yeah I think spring or summer would be fun,when it warms up a bit!