Friday, March 5, 2010

Concealed Firearm Permit....

I know this can be a controversial subject, but I also think that everybody has the right to choose whether they want to get their permit and "pack heat" or not. I have grown up around guns my whole life... (If you don't know, my Dad is an extreme hunter.) I am actually not a hunter, but I've been taught gun safety and I know the benefits of getting your concealed weapons permit.
So... does anybody have their permit? If so, where did you take the class (if in Utah)? I called about the classes but unfortunately they are closed today, so I couldn't get any information. I want to take one asap and feel a little safer as I go about my business! And also, has anybody seen those rad gun safes that can only be opened by your finger print? I want one!
I reeeaally don't want a lecture on having guns in the house with little kids, I'm very aware and intend on making 110% sure they will NEVER have access to it.
A little random I know... but I hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

Brooke D said...

I love the idea!! Way to go :)

Alli said...

I don't have my permit, but Tyler does, and I want too as well...I think it is a great idea to feel safe and make sure your family is safe! Tyler got his at Gunnies on state street in orem. He said it was pretty cheap too, and they do everything right on the spot for you. Good luck!

Just the 3 of us said...

I am pro-guns as long as people are safe with them. I think that is awesome. I have never really learned to shoot but I have a few times and I love it :) My mom had one when she was a single mom and she felt much safer.

Laurel said...

I don't have one, but plan on getting one. The hubs has to work overnight, and I want to feel a little safer as I don't sleep when he is gone. I think it's a great idea, in fact my grandpa's wife carries her little hand gun everywhere she goes. Love it.

The Thueson's said...

I have one! I just took a class from a guy that comes to your house and gives you the presentation and stuff. It was like 2-3ish hours and then I had to send in my paperwork. I can get you the info if you want it!

Lesli said...

My husband has one but I do not.. I have no problems with it, good luck!