Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sorry for the lack of bloggin...

but we have been super busy! I've been meaning to upload the pictures from this weekend to my camera and just barely got around to it. I loaded 125 just from Saturday, I'm not a picture freak or anything.
Me and Brian have had quite the debate about getting Avery's ears pierced. I wanted to get them done when she was around 4 months old but Brian wanted to wait until she was 8 years old. Quite the difference... He told me last summer he would let me do it when she was 1. Every single week since then my Mom has said "Rach, let's just go do it today and surprise him. He won't make you take them out." I turned her down even when I really really wanted to get them done. So Saturday we FINALLY did it!
Brian was having a freak out the whole time and left so he didn't have to watch.
Here's Avery before in her cute new halter dress having no idea what was about to happen (but now looking back on this picture, she does look a little nervous. Maybe she did know.):
Photobucket
Avery having an absolute freak out not because they pierced her ears, but just because they were looking at them and marking where they wanted the earing. She has bad stranger danger. (A way funny gay guy working there was doing cheers and jumping up and down to try to make her laugh. Too bad it only entertained me not her.)
Photobucket
Me tryin to calm her down before the part that would actually warrant tears:
Photobucket
When they did it she barely even noticed. Not a big deal at all!
Daddy got her some ice cream! And a few rides on that dreaded carousel.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Papa, Aves, and Reese cruisin at the mall.
Photobucket

Can't really see just how pretty those tiny earrings are in these pictures. Brian even had to admit he likes them now! Yeah-whoo!

3 comments:

Michael & Nikki said...

Good Job!! I love little girls with their ears pierced! I'm just way glad we did Kam's at 4 months. Are you going to wait for Teya to turn a year? or do it before?

Holly said...

We did Sydney's at 5 months old and I so reccomend that because she didn't even freak out at all. We had gotten her shots that day too, talk about mean parents. So cute.

Christensen's said...

No I'm totally get Teya's done when she's like 4 months old and just won't tell him till after! :)