Saturday, April 17, 2010

BUSY!! And puppy advice.

As the weather gets warmer and warmer I tend to blog less and less...
Especially in the next month, here's what we have going on:
In the next week my brother is getting married!
In the next week my sister is leaving for Japan... I'm kinda sad and nervous about this.
In the next month we're moving!!
And in the next month we're getting a puppy!
And also we plan to spend every minute outside as it starts to get warm, soaking up the sun!

We're actually going to look at some puppies today! Me and Brian are having a little debate on what kind of dog we want. I want a YorkiePoo (yorkie poodle mix), because they are adorable! And he wants more of man's best friend kinda dog (only a smaller one.) He says he refuses to get a girly dog. Except he's outnumbered because we have 3 girls and 1 boy in the family. I think we'll end up getting a girly one.
Any recommendations? What kinds are smart? Don't shed?
Here's a Yorkie poo, isn't she sooo cute?!

We saw one a few months back that was the runt and she was so stinkin cute, I fell in love and have wanted one ever since.

And here's a Puggle (pug/beagle mix) that Brian wants, she's pretty cute too...:

6 comments:

Chris and Ivory said...

Chris and I got a puggle right after we got married. I loved her (she got hit by a car and we had to put her down)! she was crazy and had tons and tons and tons of energy.

The Ortons said...

Thanks for the comment! Where r u guys moving to?? U should move to Cali it would be way fun to have another couple to hang out with. It sounds like Brian is the same as Shad with his hobbies.. Shad picks up a new one every week I feel like.. Our garage is stuffed full of Shads hobbies..

Anonymous said...

Hey we got my mom a yorkiepoo for mothers day last year and its honestly the best dog ever.. he doesn't shed and he never pottys in the house.. he is also a great in door and out door dog.. they are seriously like people i love this dog.. go for the yorkiepoo
Cherish

Taylor and Tawni said...

Be careful with the runt of the litter with Yorkiepoos. We just brought home a yorkie and she got hypoglycemia so we had to take her back. The smaller the dog, the less glucose gets to their liver and they will have more health issues. I'm hesitant to get another yorkie again. Make sure it'll be at least 5 pounds full grown. (But they are soooo cute!!) Good luck!

Alli said...

Sounds like you guys are busy! That Yorkiepoo is so stinkin cute, if Ty would let me get a little dog thats what I want! I wouldn't get anything with beagle mixed in it, they are the most stubborn dogs EVER!! Good luck on the decision making!

Brooke D said...

SO FUN!! we have a goldendoodle and he is SO great!! He is 50 pounds, has curly hair, and doesn't shed. They have miniature goldendoodles (like 25 pounds). can't wait to hear what yall get!!