Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Valentine...

Brian loves to embarrass me by telling people we met on the internet... and it's KINDA true. We weren't on some online dating site or anything like that, even better... haha Myspace. But it's not like we were looking for someone on there. I just happened to know some of his friends that lived here in Utah, and so we got talking via myspace through that connection.

Brian was living in Texas and came to visit his friends in May of 2005 and we met in person. He was hands down the funniest nicest guy I'd ever met.

He moved to Detroit to do summer sales and we talked all summer... I went to visit him towards the end of the summer and it ended up being a little bump in the road for us. We ended up not liking each other whatsoever after that....I liked him as a friend, he liked me more...
However, that fall he moved back to Utah and he won me over as his lover.

We took lots of trips together, had so much fun, and laughed a lot...


In June 2006, he took me to New York (I had never been) and proposed to me in Central Park! It was the most romantic and thoughtful thing ever. When he went to ask me he said "Will you do me favor?" And I assumed he was going to ask me to scratch his back while we were sitting there enjoying the gorgeous view so I sarcastically said "What scratch your back?" And he bent down on one knee and proposed...





I got to marry my sweetheart on September 23, 2006


We spent a week in Aruba for our honeymoon, just soaking up the sun and getting used to being husband and wife.


The first year was definitely the hardest year we've faced yet, but we got through it and we continue to grow as individuals, as a couple, and as parents everyday. I can't imagine not having him by my side everyday, to talk his face off when he gets home at night and to cry to when I'm having a rough day. He truly is the best father I've ever seen. I've never seen a dad more in love with his kids then he is.
Thanks for all you do babe, I look forward to waking up to you every morning and kicking you every night when you start to snore. I love you!

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Awe... that is soo sweet! You two make a beautiful couple! I love all of your pictures!! I had to laugh about the kicking when snoring part.. omg.. I do that to my hubby all the time...lol!! Hope you had a great Valentines Day!!