Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twenty-Ten!

I'm already starting 2010 off a little bit on the wrong foot because most of my goals involve being more organized, and here I am not even writing them down till almost a week in!

1. Be better at remembering/sending something for Birthdays or big events. I've been HORRIBLE at remembering to send a card or even sometimes call on birthdays! Especially for my friends or family who live far away. Facebook Birthday messages don't fly this year!
2. Teach my girls lots of new things. I know that's kind of broad, but I really want to be better at making sure I take advantage of these first few years. Avery's getting to the age where she's picking things up so quick, even things I don't MEAN to teach her. And Teya is going to be learning so much in 2010, I need to stay on the ball!
Also included in that asap is to get Avery potty trained in the next few months, I just bought her a new princess potty to get her started. I'm not going to force anything this early, but I want her to get used to sitting on it and feeling comfortable with it.
And I need to get Teya crawling soon! She's SO close. She gets closer every day, she somehow scoots on her bum when she wants something but she doesn't actually crawl yet.
3. Be healthier. In general. I don't want to loose weight, or necessarily do anything specific... just eat a little healthier and be more active. I know my diet coke addiction doesn't really help w/that goal, that's why I'm not committing to anything too specific!
4. Budget better. I've been horrible in the past with this!
5. Doing something really fun as a family once a month.
We spent so many weekends this summer doing really fun stuff and now that fall/winter came we've been kind of holed up from the cold weather. We want to take the girls and go do something fun at least one time a month.
6. More time for myself & more time for dates just me and Bri. So important, enough said.
7. Keep in touch with friends better. There are so many friends I only talk to every few months or maybe even years... I need to be better with this.
8. Learn new things. That sounds broad as well, but I want to find some things that I'm interested in and really learn about them and apply them. Some are just fun hobbies, some are more serious just to learn new things.
9. Keep a better journal. I want to remember everything that I do and how I feel at certain points in my life. This blog is a great way to kind of "journal" things for myself but isn't near as personal writing in a journal daily.
These are the general goals I want to work on throughout the year. Nothing too out there, but definitely some things I could be better with. I'm sure I forgot a few of them, but I'll update if I remember! Hope everyone started 2010 off good!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Great goals Rach. Lots of important things there. Good luck.

Nessa said...

Great resolutions! Good luck with them! We are doing great! Being married is wonderful!