Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Teya!

Teya is 2! THIS DAY couldn't have been 2 years ago!! (I'm a little late blogging, so over 2 years) Time really does fly. I can't believe it. Our First Year with Tey was so much fun, I couldn't have imagined it getting better this 2nd year. But it has! Here she is 1 Year Ago on her Birthday. Look at that chubby little face! So adorable!

Teya is quite the little comedian. She's always up to something... it usually involves a massive mess. (See the colored playroom walls and the entire face covered in red lipstick) However when she's not making a mess, she's a pretty good girl. She's totally opposite of Avery when it comes to social interactions. She loves making new friends and meeting new people. She loves nursery. She walks right in without looking back and plays with everyone. It's so cute to me seeing her just go in there without her sister or parents and just embrace new things. She will copy any and everything that Avery does. If Avery sings a song, Teya sings it too. If Avery wants to take a stuffed animal with her in the car, Teya has to find one just like it. It's sooo adorable to me. Teya recently started her pretend play phase. She'll get her favorite shoes and put one of her small toys in it and pretend like it's a car. (The 3 barbie cars they have just won't due... has to be a shoe!) And she'll talk to her toys and tell them to be nice and share. She's also developed an attitude sometimes. I was taking pictures of her on my phone on her bday and apparently I was getting picture happy. She scowled at me and said "No more Mommy, 2 minutes!" Whatever that means! Whenever we go to the store she absolutely will not sit in the cart. It's sometimes so frustrating because I either have to put her in there and make everyone in the store listen to her scream... Or I let her follow along SLOWWWLLY. She purposely walks her slowest when I'm in a hurry at the store. On her birthday we were at Harmon's getting her cake and she had her squeaky shoes on that make a noise with every step she takes, and people were looking from far ahead to see what the noise was. She'd just run past them happy as can be with all the attention. Another new thing of hers is if things don't go her way, she'll throw herself onto the ground so dramatic and scream. If Avery bumps into her, or I tell her "no" or something doesn't go her way she does this... It was pretty funny at first. I had to hide my laughter, but now that it's happening 10 times a day not so funny. Teya is sooo smart. She knows her ABC's as well as counting to 10 and to 3 in Spanish. She knows a ton of songs. Her favorite is "Jesus Loves Me, for the Bible tells Me so." (An old song my Mama taught me that she learned growing up in the South when she was a little girl.) Whenever they start to sing in church, she'll sing that song. Obviously she is obsessed with Mama's makeup. She'll always ask for "wips"... chapstick or lipstick or lip gloss, anything for her lips.

Alright, here's a few pics of her Dora family party... (It was a tossup between Dora or "Memo"... Dora won)












Happy Birthday Sweet Teya! I can't imagine my life without you. You are that ray of sunshine that brightens anyone's day that you come in contact with. You have an amazing gift to make people bright and happy. Ever since the day you were born we described you as having such a calming nature about you. You still do, except when you throw tantrums! I can't wait for all the things you have in store sweet girl. I sometimes want to stop time and keep you my tiny baby forever. I love you so very much Teya! Happy Birthday!
Love You,
Mama

No comments: