Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 5 Sharks Cove/Waimea Falls

Our fifth day in Hawaii we went snorkeling at a gorgeous place called Shark's Cove. Then grabbed some good lunch and headed to Waimea Falls and then we went cliff jumping into the ocean. It was a busy and amazing day!
Shark's cove is a famous spot for Snorkeling. It's got shallow or deep water and tons of huge rocks that are filled with tons of pretty fish. At first I was a little freaked out when I was in the middle of a school of like 300 fish, but after a minute I relaxed and had so much fun. Me and Brian got to explore around for awhile while his sisters watched the girls for us. It was awesome. After snorkeling, there was a little truck on the side of the road where we got the most amazing chicken quesadilla's with chips and salsa. It was really good, who would of thought? I mean they cooked it in a truck, but it was better than any quesadilla's I've ever had in Utah.
Here's some pics of the first part of the day:



Shark's Cove:

Entertaining themselves for a minute:



Ooooh sticks help!




Then we headed to Waimea Valley where we hiked to a waterfall that you can swim in. (If you're a LOST fan, Kate and Sawyer swam in this waterfall in Season 1 or 2...) Anyways the whole hike was so pretty! I have a few random pics of trees because they were so cool.


Brian being.... A Hawaiian Ninja?

His sisters with their walking sticks:

I loved this tree...


haha posers.



They felt SO cool up in this tree, and rightfully so:

This is where we went swimming. It was definitely colder than the ocean, but still awesome!



I didn't take my camera to the beach where we went cliff jumping, but I think Brian's sister had hers and took some pictures. So I'll get them and post them! Cliff jumping was way fun. But there were some CRAZY guys there that would jump high in the air but would see how close they could stay to the cliff and it was freaking us out.
After our eventful day we went home, ate a scrumptious dinner and I'm sure fell asleep the second we laid down.

No comments: