The plan was for everyone to go to Waikiki Beach, but there was a major Jellyfish warning. I guess the jellyfish mate during a full mooon, and for a few days after the full moon there's a warning that they'll be washing to shallow water... weird I know. So it ended up just being my little family, and Brian's little sister Alyssa and her friend Laura that hit up Waikiki.
They have AWESOME shopping there. Everything from Prada.Louis Vuitton.Gucci. to bikini and beach bum stores. We shopped a little and headed to the Ocean.
No jellyfish in sight! But the beach was PACKED.
The waves this day were HUGE. I met a really nice lady and her daughter from Australia and they were telling me the waves were way bigger than usual. They didn't look that big so I took Teya in... big mistake. I was holding her (in the shallow end of course) and lifting her up when a big wave came. Every once in awhile a massive wave would come and one knocked me (while holding Teya) completely over. We both like did a complete flip in the water and it almost knocked her out of my arms. It was so scary!! I felt like the most horrible mother on earth. Needless to say after that we just played in the sand! Avery was loving "jumping waves" with Brian.
Here's Tey relaxing after our scare:

We grabbed some amazingly fresh tasting sandwiches (doesn't all food taste fresher and so much better when you're swimming or at the beach though?) and of course Diet Cokes and just lounged and enjoyed the chaotic beach.
When we were leaving I decided to get the girls an ice cream sandwich since they were already covered in sunscreen and sand. The ice cream was already melting when I gave it to them. These pictures do not do the mess justice! This is by far the messiest I have ever seen Teya. Her stroller was even covered in ice cream. It was awesome. Except cleaning them both up with only wipes was not awesome.
Obviously I didn't really have my camera on me for the majority of this day, I was too worried about it getting stolen. But here's a few pics:



Here's Teya later that night.
Doesn't she look like Dora the Explorer with this backpack on? So cute!





No comments:
Post a Comment