Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Engagement Story

KELLY is doing engagement stories this week and since I can't upload any new pics from my camera and blog (still waiting on internet at our new place) I figured stealing pics from my online photo hosting would be easy enough. So here's our engagement story:
One day, after me and Brian had been dating pretty seriously, he told me he wanted to take me to New York (I'd never been and always wanted to. He grew up in New Jersey and spent a lot of time in NYC) So he booked us flights there. He was sure to preface the trip with "I don't want you thinking this is a proposal trip, your ring won't be ready for a few weeks. I don't want you expecting it and getting let down. But it'll be fun." So I truly wasn't expecting anything. We flew in early in the morning and had quite an interesting experience getting to our hotel. We decided to take the subway since I had never ridden one before, and we ended up riding the wrong way for an hour. (doing this at 7 am is NOT a good idea. The subway was PACKED with people going to work and we had huge suitcases, we looked and felt like idiots.) We ended up getting off the subway and took a cab to our hotel. As soon as we got to the hotel we got ready, walked to a little breakfast diner and ate. Then we went to Central Park. We were walking around and saw a little bench under some trees and it was HOT outside, so we took advantage and sat down for a few minutes. Brian asked "Can you do me a favor?" I was annoyed because I knew what he was going to ask. "You want me to scratch your back right now? Can we please go look around some more?" He started laughing and got down on one knee and proposed, with a gorgeous ring. (not that that matters, but he was sneeky and had lied about my ring not being ready.) He did great picking it out. It was really cute and sweet, he was all nervous! Afterwards we walked all around central park. Here are some pictures of us right after we got engaged.




We spent the rest of the trip eating at good restaurants, shopping, we saw a broadway play, and visited a friend of his from NJ. I can't wait to go back. I<3NY

No comments: