Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vaccinations

I think every parent has the right and "duty" actually, to study and make an informed decision on vaccinations for their kids. I was reading this blog today, that links to THIS ARTICLE and decided to post it here as well to encourage parents to make an informed decision and not feel pressured by your pediatrician to stick to the recommended vaccine schedule if you don't agree with it. I'm not anti-vaccine either, but I am waiting until my children are older to get theirs as well as having a different vaccine schedule- I'll be deciding which ones I want them getting and which ones I don't want them getting. This has been a huge debate since Jenny Mccarthy started being an advocate for a different vaccine schedule... Brian was pro vaccine when Avery was first born and I told him to really do his research before arguing about it with me and when he did, he agreed on waiting. Then a few months ago he found this article, where the FDA finally admits mercury is very dangerous to developing fetuses, and growing children.
I'm not trying to persuade anybody to wait on vaccinations for their children, just wanted to get the word out that everyone can do their own research and make an informed decision without feeling guilty. Sometimes doctors can make you feel guilty or pressure you into doing the regular vaccinations, luckily I found an awesome pediatrician this year who takes incredible care of my children, and doesn't make me feel pressured or guilty about my decision.
Whoa, heavy subject huh? Sorry! Just thought this was interesting.

1 comment:

Cherice said...

Great post girl. It is extremely important as parents that we are as informed as we can possibly be before we make a decision, especially decisions that can effect our babies for the rest of their lifes. I liked the article that your husband found as well!! Its refreshing to see mothers and fathers fighting for their kids and doing what THEY believe is right not what someone is telling them to do.