Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Deer, Dirt, and Fun!

We went to Parowan this past weekend to hang out with the fam for the deer hunt. It was sooo warm and nice all weekend, I loved it. Kaitlin got a deer Saturday morning, My aunt Trish got one Saturday night, and my uncle Kevin got one Sunday... so it was a success for them! Even though my Dad is a HUGE hunter (and I mean huge... baboons, lions, bears, zebra's, elk, bears, carabou... you name it) I've never actually been with anybody and seen them find, kill, all that. So I went with my sister in the Rhino and we followed my aunt and uncle and saw her kill her 4 point. To make a very long evening short, we ended up having to track it's blood, she had to shoot it like 10 times, we walked over like 2 mountains...and then finally we found it. I can't believe I'd ever say this, but it was SO much fun! I really want to get my hunter's safety... SICK I KNOW! But I do... I was thinking I might be able to talk Carlye or Erin into taking it with me?! haha, let me know. Anyways, I didn't end up getting any pics of their deer on my camera, but here's a few of the weekend.

Kennedy, Kaitlin, and Aves, chillin at camp:
Photobucket
Me and Bri:
Photobucket
My family has camped here every year since I was little, and it was crazy going back and remembering how we'd play "Dairy Freeze" drive up window with the trailer screen door... so funny.
Photobucket
The MASTER shooter:
Photobucket
Not gonna lie, I am the best shot in my family. My Dad even admitted this- well he said besides himself I'm sure. I shot a teey tiny target and nailed it dead on here.
Photobucket
She'll kill me if she sees this... luckily I don't think she looks too often:
Photobucket
Please look how disgusting Avery's face is! She had a runny nose all weekend... mix that with massive amounts of dirt and WALA!:
Photobucket

Aw, I guess I didn't get any shots of my cute Teya? I'll make up for it gramma's!
Thanks Gramma and Grampa for letting us crash at your house!

2 comments:

Carlye & Jacob said...

Dude I def will... you dont have to pursuade me! I've already been kinda looking into it. Call me sick but I wanna draw out next year with Jacob and kill something :) haha I think its way fun.... I'm down

Anonymous said...

dude i am down! I will be drawing as well next year and we can all do a big sick hunt together!!