Thursday, September 25, 2008

Long Week...

So much to catch up on!
Last Friday I left with my family and Avery to go to Lake Powell for a week. They rented a super nice house boat for the week. Bri coudn't go because of work, so I was daring to take a 6 month old by myself. Crazy. So we drove 6 hours to wahweap and loaded on the house boat. Both me and Avery had a cold but nothing too bad. The first night out in the middle of nowhere Avery's cold got much much worse. She had a fever of 104 and we were camped out in the middle of nowhere, also at night you obviously can't go into shore so I could take her to a doctor. So all night me and my Mom stayed up putting cold rags all over her trying to keep her temp down. It was the saddest thing ever. I'm sure any parent would say the same thing... Having a sick kid and not being able to do anything to help them is the worst thing in the world! I felt so horribel and helpless. I was bawling all night. So the next morning my fam took me to the dock and my bro let me take his super nice tahoe home. I was freakin stressing about a 6 hour drive with a sick baby. But since she didn't get any sleep the night before she slept all six hours. That was such a blessing! The first thing I did was head straight to the Pediatrician Instacare. They checked her out and told me she had an ear infection from her cold. I felt so bad! Also she didn't eat anything so she was very dehydrated. It was soo sad! Anyways, I did what my mama always used to do for me when I was sick... I headed to Wal-Mart and got her a present, some juice to water down and make sure she got liquids, I got her prescription filled, and some baby tylenol. Then we headed home and Brian had made us a super nice dinner. Anyways... she's feeling MUCH better now, thankfully! It was so scary. I'm such a baby when it comes to by baby. I don't ever want anything to be wrong or for her to even cry. Even though its good for babies to cry.
I don't know what I was thinking taking a baby to the lake for a week anyway... so it's probably a good thing we came back. My family is gone till Saturday, they're going to be so black when they get back, I'm a little jealous. But priorities change and I woudn't trade her feeling better for the world!

In other news, I'm getting read to start temple prep classes! I'm so excited! When I got married I wasn't exactly living my life the way I should have been, therefore wasn't able to marry and get sealed in the temple. But I've been ready for about a year and a half now and Bri is getting there too, so I'm super excited! It's something I've wanted to do my whole life and finally it's in sight!

Also, I've turned into such the mormon mama. I've been a little bored lately so I've taken up crafts. Brian makes fun of me because I'm totally not a crafty person. But I love it when I actually find something to do and finish it. So I'm in the process of making some really cool wooden/picture/painted things. No not me painting pictures... it's kinda hard to explain. I'll just post a pic when I'm done! Hopefully it will work out how I want! Annnnd I've vowed to start blogging much more. Like a few times a week instead of a few times a month.

And here are some cute Avery pics!


Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Ortons said...

Rach I'm so excited your going to the temple I didn't think Shad & I would ever make it and one day at church he had a crazy experience and took me to the temple 4 months later. The G's are killing us though haha I spend every saturday in a swim suit even if it's freezing.& I love your doing crafts I sew everynight and Shad thinks hes married to a old women.

allieB said...

Oh that is just lovely. Sounds like an eventful weekend! Oh Rach i am so happy for you and brian! That is something i want more than anything, but i'm sure you know how hard life can be sometimes. I bet having a kid changes everything. I love crafts!! Go mama!

Michael & Nikki said...

I'm SO glad your back to blogging!! I love to see New pics of Avery! And i'm so excited your getting ready for the Temple, My husband and I are hoping to start temple classes soon too! I cant wait! Keep me posted on how it goes!! GOOD LUCK!!!