Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Girl!

I can't believe it's been 3 years since she came into our lives!! Remembering THIS makes me so happy, yet sad that she's not my tiny baby anymore! Here's more pics of her 1st year. 1st Birthday, 2nd Birthday...And now 3?!
These days Avery is SUCH a Diva Princess. Everyday she begs me to let her wear a Princess dress. If I make her wear normal clothes she cries and kicks her feet and screams. About 30 minutes before bedtime each night she starts asking "Mommy, can I wear my princess dress to sleep tonight?" If I don't let her, she throws a fit and cries so hard. I absolutely love that she's such a girly princess, but man she's high maintenance!! I'm hoping this Princess obsession is just a phase... I get the strangest looks when I don't have the energy for a fight and I take her to the grocery store in her Belle or Ariel dress. You pick your battles I guess!
Every day she asks for a specific hairdo. Usually she likes it "like long, like tangled." But sometimes she'll let me do it like "Siwewa" Cinderella. She almost always has her nails and toes painted and heaven forbid she has to wear a pair of pants. That is pure torture.
Avery is so funny lately. She says the funniest things. She mixes up her N's and M's. So she'll always tell me it's "smowing" outside. Or that she wants to dance to "Nusic". Every time I put her down for a nap or bedtime I can hear her singing in her room for a good 30 min. It melts my heart! Last week we were watching The Little Mermaid and the part came on where she's picking the petals off the flower saying "He loves me, He loves me not... He loves me" Avery yelled at the TV "He don't love you! Your Daddy does!!" Ooooh how I hope she remembers this concept when she's 14-21!!
Some of Avery's favorite things at the moment are:
Princesses (of course)
Barbie's
Playing with Teya and her cousins
Going to the park (thank you warm weather this week!)
Driving in Mama's car and making me turn off the DVD player and turn on Classical Music because it sounds like "Princess Nusic"

She's such a sweet girl lately and listens really well when we tell her not to do something.
She's afraid to go upstairs by herself and play in the playroom, so she'll coax Teya to go play with her. (Teya will trick her and pretend she's going and then run down stairs while Avery screams..."
She's so smart and amazes me everyday!
She says funny things all the time like "What a great idea!!" and "That sounds like a great plan!"
She's still very OCD about her toys and things. She won't take her toys with her sometimes so "the other kids won't take them."
She's developed this new fear of the bath. I'm REALLY hoping this is a phase that she'll get over quick. I have to bribe her everyday to get in the bath!
She's so sweet and always tells me or Brian "Mommy, I miss you" when we're snuggling with her.
I can't believe she's not a baby anymore... or even a toddler. She's a little girl now! SCARY! I'm so emotional right now watching her play. She's so big! Anyways, enough sappy mushy Mama stuff....

Of course she wanted a Princess Birthday Party this year... Here's some pics of her big day!















I love you very much, Avery Paige!! You and your sister make me the happiest Mama in the world. I (can) but can't wait until you get older and I can surprise you and check you out of school for shopping and pedicures. I can't wait for girls trips with you and Tey every year. I can't wait to see all the things you have in store for you Baby Girl! I can't wait, but at the same time, I want you to freeze you in time. So you'll always have your little flintstone feet and your sweet innocent perception of this crazy world we live in. Okay, enough.
I Love You! Happy Birthday Abes!!!
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Marcie said...

They are so cute! It's been fun getting together more often. Let's plan a fun play date soon!